I’ve loved cars since I was a kid. I’ve owned 60 cars in my life and currently own 9. How did I go from being an absolute car fanatic to someone that can’t stand car dependency? In this video, we delve deep into the issues surrounding our automobile-centric society:
- The endless hours lost to traffic congestion.
- The threats posed to our children.
- The alarming fatalities from distracted driving and flawed vehicle designs.
- The troubling reasons behind bigger cars and the higher risks they pose.
- The questionable decisions of traffic engineers and the infrastructure built for speed over safety.
- Unveiling how the auto industry actively promoted car dependency.
- The disturbing history of how low-income neighborhoods bore the brunt of freeway constructions.
- The alarming shift from pedestrian rights to vehicle dominance.
- How the car industry redefined ‘accidents’ as ‘crashes’.
- How other nations are getting public transportation right.
- And importantly, the crucial role car enthusiasts can play in reshaping this narrative.
Join me in exploring how it’s completely possible to adore cars but advocate for a balanced and safer transportation ecosystem. 🚗💔🚆🌍🚶♂️🚲